Tasting - Fugitive, The





Fugitive, The 
Red Wine - Zinfandel 
Sonoma County
C.A. Dry Creek Valley
2016
$31.99 at Total Wine


Wine Searchers tasting notes: "Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma, CA- Aromas of blackberry and blueberry jam, graham cracker crust and hints of espresso and spice are followed by rich, layered flavors of black cherry and mocha."


Week nine and another wine! (That rhymed yay!) Here we have another Zinfandel red wine. When I walked up to the tasting both at Total Wine and saw four red wines I got a little hesitant. The color of the wine like most other reds are was very dark in color. This wine is 15.5% alcohol and wow could you smell and taste it. This has been the most expensive wine I have tasted thus far, and I not enough of a connoisseur to tell you that it was expensive based on smell or taste. The smell of the wine was FULL of very distinct flavors. At the very beginning I could smell a rich flavor of mocha and other dark fruits. After the first taste I knew that there was mocha in this wine, as well as some spices and dark fruits like black cherry. It's starting to seem that I taste cherry or black cherry in most red wines, and I am really starting to like the flavor. This wine was full of flavors and I enjoyed the complexity of the wine. 









Comments

Popular Posts