Tasting - Carlson Creek


Carlson Creek
Sauvignon Blanc
Arizona, USA
2015
$23.00 a bottle, but I tasted it free at the Sedona Wine Fest

Wine Searchers Tasting Notes: "Silvery emerald straw color. Floral, fruity aromas of ripe peach, apricot skin, mango salsa, and candied ginger with an full body and a tingling, interesting, medium-length grilled pineapple, necco wafer, and vanilla custard finish with fruit tannins and a suggestion of oak flavor. A distinctive and fresh Sauvignon Blanc with delicate herbal inflection."


Wow this wine event was such a great experience! I attended The 2019 Sedona Wine Fest with my family. While I was visiting my family in Arizona the Sedona Wine fest was happening and it was such a great opportunity to get the chance to go.  We tried about 15-25 different wines and for this blog I am tasting the Carlson Creek 2015 Sauvignon Blanc. The color of the wine has a golden hue and it was full of smells. The smells were full of floral and fruity aromas. I smelt hints of peach and mango. The taste was sweet and crisp, it had tastes of peach, apricot and possible some ginger. I really enjoyed how crisp this wine was. The alcohol content is 13.8%, even though this is a semi high alcohol content you could barely taste the alcohol. It was awesome to be at the event with so many wine lovers and wine connoisseurs. They were full of knowledge about the wine making process from harvest, to fermentation, to barreling and bottling. Overall I really enjoyed this wine and loved the wine fest experience.












Comments

Popular Posts