Tasting - Stella Rosa


Stella Rosa
Moscato D'Asti
Italy's Piedmont Region 
1917
$8.95 at Target 

Wine Searchers tasting notes: "Muscat wines possess marked aromatics and flavors of peach, pear, Meyer lemon, orange, orange blossom, rose petal, jasmine, honeysuckle or lychee, often with a hint of sweet spice."

Hello week five! This week I tasted Stella Rosa's Moscato D'Asti. I was in Dallas, TX over the weekend and at the local target they had a free wine tasting (so perfect for me)! I choose to try the Moscato D'asti. This is a sparkling wine. The color is golden which indicated to me that it will be sweet, and boy was I on point. I couldn't tell much from the smell of the wine, but after the first taste I immediately tasted fruity flavors. The one that struck my pallet first was peach and citrus. The wine was semi-sweet and very easy to drink. I think if I were to pain this wine with food, I would choose to pair it with desert because of the light and sweet flavor. I think this has a very light body, and it seems that I enjoy light bodied and sweet wines the best so far. I believe that my pallet isn't fully matured yet and that's why I life the sweeter wines. I enjoyed this wine, but this might be too sweet if I were to have multiple glasses of this wine. 




Comments

Popular Posts