Tasting - Waikiwi Bay



Tasting - Waikiwi Bay
Waikiwi Bay
Sauvignon Blanc
Marlborough, New Zealand
2017
$3.99 at Trader Joe’s

Wine Searchers tasting notes: “Bright silvery straw color. Aromas and flavors of watermelon rind, ripe stone fruit, wild lime, and ripe mango with a satiny, lively, dryish light-to-medium body and a smooth, medium-length finish revealing notes of white grapefruit, pico de gallo, and lemon verbena with no oak flavor. A solid, tropical fruit melange of a Sauvignon Blanc."

Hello week six, and hello wine eight or nine! Since we (gal pals and I) enjoyed the previous Sauvignon Blanc so much we decided to try another one. This wine is another suggestion from the Trader Joe’s employee and eh this one did not please us as much as the last one. The color of the wine is again a yellow and golden color but on the lighter side of the other Sauvignon Blanc’s I’ve had so far. The wine smelt very tart like citrus, and the taste matched. To my expanding pallet it seemed that the wine was very tart, dry, and bitter. I tasted hints of grapefruit, and other light fruits. I enjoyed a small glass of this wine with sushi (sushi is my favorite food). Before I was eating and I was just drinking the wine the flavor was good, but not too strong. While I drank the wine and ate the food simultaneously the flavors really came out to play. I tasted more citrus, lime and maybe some mango. The wine was good, but I am in no dyer need to have it again.

Comments

Popular Posts