Tasting - Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom 
Pinot Noir 
California 
United States 
2016
$4.99 at Trader Joe's 

Wine Searcher tasting notes: "The 2014 vintage was awarded Silver from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. This is one of the most popular wines from California. This wine has been climbing in popularity during the year. This is more affordable than many wines from California. The price has been stable over the past year." 

In my small wine experience I usually do not like red wines, let alone pinot noirs. However, I enjoyed this wine when it was chilled. To me this wine tasted pretty sweet, but also not very flavorful. It had a subtle black cherry taste, and it was kind of earthy. I would rate this a 5/10 for my own personal reference in the future.  My friends and I didn't plan the wine night enough ahead of time, but we found some smoked gouda Triscuits in the pantry. 

Comments

Popular Posts