Tasting - Primitivo

 Primitivo - Epicuro
Red Wine
Italy
2017
$4.99 at Trader Joe’s

Wine Searchers notes: “The taste was plum with slight hints of blackberry. It was simple, lacking in dimensions. I felt that the wine had a sweetness that was out of kilter with the wine as a whole. Unsurprisingly, for such an inexpensive wine, the finish was fairly short, leaving just a hint of fruit in the mouth.”

Week nine here we are! This week we tasted Primitivo – Epicuro, a red wine. The color is dark like most red wines, with a maroon/burgundy color. The wine was full of smells. It smelt very fruity and I sort of tasted the alcohol. Looking at the wine the top seemed semi- oily, and I’m not sure what that means. This wine wasn’t my favorite red wine, but I do not like many of the red wines I have tried so far. The taste was very fruity. To me the fruit was black cherry, and it seemed acidic. For a red wine I felt that this was very sweet, which of course I liked since I am not a huge red wine fan. This was has 13% alcohol and which is why I could taste the alcohol in this wine. Red wines pair well with steak, and after tasting the wine I could imagine why the wine would pair well. I think the heaviness of the steak would cut the acidity of the wine very well. Overall I enjoyed this red wine very much and would love to drink it with a meal next time.




Comments

Popular Posts