Tasting - Oak Leaf





Oak Leaf
Moscato
White Wine
America
$2.96 at Wal-Mart

Wine Searchers tasting notes: "This light-bodied, sweet Moscato has soft floral aroma, hints of peach and pineapple, and a refreshing finish. Pair with Chinese Chicken Salad." 

Wow week 11! Soo much wine so far and theres no stopping me now. This week we tried a SUPER cheap wine. We chose this wine for a many reason one of them being I didn't want to spend a lot of money, second we wanted to compare the quality of a 3 dollar wine to some of the more expensive wines I've had. The color is like most other white wines, yellow with a golden hue. The smell was limited to a few flavors. I smelt the sweetness of peach and maybe honey. The taste was too sweet for me. The flavor was full of peach and pineapple, with a small hint of something floral, maybe rose. I had my friend Aspen over for wine night and I also made dinner for us. I paired the moscato with a blackened chicken, sautéed zucchini and a baked potato. All of the flavors of the chicken and the salt of the potato made the wine taste more sweet. To me the sweetness of the wine helped cut the spice of the chicken. Over all this was not my favorite wine, it was too sweet with not enough of a rounded flavor. 











Comments

Popular Posts